Violation of any Code of Conduct from a Parent, Player and/or Coach can and may result in permanent expulsion from Nevada Alliance Soccer League. The Nevada Alliance Soccer League reserves the right to determine the severity of any violation on a case-by-case basis, as well as the disciplinary action resulting from that violation.
Coaches Code of Conduct
As a coach, I will conduct myself at all times in a way that demonstrates my commitment to the following:
- I will not criticize the referee openly or directly, during or after games
- I will be a positive role model for all players. I will show emotional maturity by controlling my anger and never use obscene language or gestures.
- I will create a positive and fun environment for my players.
- I will provide an open communication with parents and enlist their help and support with the team.
- I will be an educator, placing the development of player skills and knowledge ahead of winning games. I will encourage team play over individual efforts.
- I will set goals and objectives for my team that foster sportsmanship in each player.
- I will treat everyone fairly and with respect. I will set the highest standard for others to follow.
- I will be organized and prepared so that limited practice time and game time are put to best use.
- I will always put player safety and health first by immediately dealing with unsafe situations or player conduct.
- I will stay committed to the team and the individual players for the entire duration of the season.
- I will lead the team and encourage my players and parents to follow all codes of conducts.
I have read and understand the above Code of Conduct and agree to follow its guidelines at all league activities. I understand that if I do not follow this Code of Conduct, I may be asked to leave the league activity (such as a game or practice) or give up my coaching position.
Players Code of Conduct
Sportsmanship is defined as ethical, appropriate, polite and fair behavior while participating in a game or athletic event. When a soccer player plays by the rules, is fair to his opponent and is gracious when he/she loses, this is an example of sportsmanship.
Parent's Code of Conduct
- I will play soccer because I want to, not because others want me to.
- I will remember that soccer is an opportunity to learn and have fun.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials and parents at all times.
- I will remember that winning isn’t everything, that having fun, playing fair, improving my skills, making friends, and giving my best efforts are the most important aspects of youth soccer.
- I will do the best I can each day, remembering that all players have talents and weaknesses, the same as I do.
- I will treat all coaches, other players, referees and fans with respect at all times.
- I will follow coaching direction and will not be disruptive during practice or games, nor will I “mouth off” or use bad language.
- If I have a problem with something, I will discuss it with my coach at the earliest opportunity.
- I will be on time for practices and games and will notify my coach if I cannot attend. I will make every effort to attend all games and practices.
- I will concentrate on playing soccer by always giving my best effort, both in practice and in games.
- I will respect my opponents, whether they have more or less ability than me and regardless of whether I win or lose.
- I will be humble and respectful when I win, and gracious when I lose.
- I will show respect for the authority of the referee, even though I may sometimes disagree with his or her calls.
- I will control my temper, resist the temptation to retaliate, and exercise self-control.
- I will play by the rules at all times, and if I don’t understand the rules, will attempt to learn them so I can become a better player.
- I will conduct myself with honor and dignity and treat other players as I would like to be treated.
- I will represent my team, coaches, fans and the Nevada Alliance Soccer League with pride and respect.
- I will not force my child to participate in sports.
- I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for the kids, not adults.
- I will communicate with my child's coach about any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- I will make every effort to have my child attend practices and games and will communicate with my child's coach if my child will be late or absent. Good communication between parents and coaches leads to a more positive experience for all involved.
- I will learn the rules of the game. Knowing the rules of the game will help with development and will help to minimize disagreements.
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players (on both teams), coaches, officials and spectators at every game or practice. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures. I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of the athletes.
- I will condone any and all bullying from fellow parents, coaches and children.
- I will explain to my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will explain to my child to treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- I will explain to my child that doing one's best is more important then winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
- I will not ridicule or yell at my child or other players for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
- I will demand a playing environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at any Nevada Alliance Soccer League game or practice.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches on the team.
- I acknowledge that the coach of my child's team is responsible for my behavior and I will therefore respect the coach's authority. I also acknowledge that the coach is a volunteer and will respect his/her time.
- I will remember that as a fan, I represent the Nevada Alliance Soccer League and the community. I understand poor behavior during practices, games, or tournaments may result in expulsion from the soccer complex. If this happens repeatedly, it will result in expulsion from NASL for my family.